Everyone looks for interesting things to do in Iceland. But if you’re an adventure seeker, what real options are there out there for you? Allow us to introduce you to one of our favorite expedition types: Iceland Canyoneering.
So what does canyoneering in Iceland entail? First, you’ll suit up in either a wet suit or waders, helmet, and be equipped with a light (to hold or a headlamp). Second, depending on your skill level and desire for intensity he will match you with the right canyon type (IE, walk through versus repelling or both).
Third, listen for specific directions from your Vik Expeditions guide, Davíð to follow into the river bed. He will thoughtfully explain, educate you, and answer any questions. Fourth, you’ll experience and marvel over the sights, sounds, textures, and awesome features nature has made!
No matter if your skill set is non-existent, low or high in regards to canyoneering, Davíð would love to guide you to the most picturesque places on your own private Iceland canyoneering adventure through the remote and challenging Icelandic Highlands!
Private Iceland Canyoneering
So when is the best time to do canyoning / canyoning in Iceland? We offer our adventures between April-Mid October. Although, there is a possibility outside of this time period, but it would be conditions and weather dependent. Our Private Iceland Canyoneering Adventures typically include the following (but we are happy to further customize):
- Local Vik Highland Guide: Davíð Geir Jonasson.
- Guide Comes With: Awesome experienced navigating skills, First Aid kit (and trained), gear if specifically required (waders / wetsuit, helmets, etc) and 15+ years of mountaineering experience!
- From 4+ hours.
- Lots of jokes, folklore stories, and local geology knowledge!
- If Required: 4×4 Transport from Vik meeting location.
Private Iceland Canyoneering Adventure: Begins at 40,000 ISK per person with 2 person min (contact us for more details)!
*What you Bring:
- Positive Can-Do Attitude!
- Comfortable Outdoor Clothes (dress in layers) / Rain Gear.
- Hiking Boots.
- Backpack if desired (with personal affects).
- Waterproof bag for camera / phone.
Your very own Custom Canyoneering in Iceland Adventure awaits you!