Davíð Geir Jonasson
More than a decade of experience follows the owner of Vik Expeditions, Davíð Geir Jonasson. Born and raised in Iceland, he grew up with a never ending love and respect for all that the Icelandic nature has to offer.
Before creating this experience driven company, Davíð spent over 10 years as a member of the Hjálparsveit skáta í Kópavogi SAR (Search and Rescue) team. Countless rescue missions throughout Iceland’s challenging weather and dynamic landscapes deepened his love of hiking, super jeep driving, and outdoor sports in general. At the same time, his day job was doing special effects for countless Hollywood films that came to Iceland. Read more about Who is Vik Expeditions!!
What makes Vik Expeditions Different?
- You’ll always go on a journey with the owner Davíð.
- Local to Vik, English speaking and first-aid trained guide.
- You’ll embark on experienced driven adventures which reaches further than other standard “tours.”
- Tiny groups (6 or less).
- While en-route to your locations you’ll learn about geology and listen to folklore stories.
- Although an Icelandic company, North American standards in service are upheld.
- Consistently maintained professional gear used.
- Respects and Protects Icelandic Nature promoting responsible and sustainable tourism.
Over 15 years of experience in technical hiking, ice climbing, mountaineering, and super jeep driving.
Keeping safety as a #1 priority ensures you have a secure confident adventure!
Being a local guide, allows Davíð to share with you intimate area knowledge.