Who has cross country skied through the Icelandic Highlands? Very few in the world can say they have done this in their lifetime, really! So if you crave a 4×4 drive and a really good physical challenge… An Iceland cross country skiing expedition awaits you!
What to Expect:
After meeting at the designated meeting point you will hop into a 4×4 or super jeep (depending on conditions) to begin your trek. With weather in mind, your expedition leader will take you to an exciting starting point. You’ll gear up for however long of an adventure your private small group (2-6 people) desires.
If you’ve never been cross country skiing Davíð will coach you on what to do and along the way too! If you’re en experience cross country skier, then just listen to his directions to ensure you know the path and direction the course will be going. Likely after a few hours, there will be a delicious lunch stop with a fantastic view too!
Iceland Cross Country Skiing Expedition
The Iceland Cross Country Skiing Expedition typically include the following (but we are happy to customize):
- Local Vik Highland Guide: Davíð Geir Jonasson.
- Guide Comes With: Awesome experienced navigating skills, First Aid kit (and trained), gear if specifically required (helmets, etc) and 15+ years of mountaineering experience!
- From 6+ hours.
- 4×4 Transport from Vik meeting location.
- Cross Country Skiing Gear (Skis, Boots, Bindings, and Poles).
- Water Bottle.
- Lots of jokes, folklore stories, and local geology knowledge.
Private Cross Country Skiing Journey: Begins at 45,000 ISK per person and ranges up.
*What you Bring:
- Positive Can-Do Attitude!
- Comfortable Skiing Clothes (dress in layers) / Rain Gear.
- Hiking Boots.
- Backpack (with personal affects).
This unique Iceland Cross Country Skiing Expedition will leave you speechless and all of your friends envious! Imagine pairing this experience with the “Winter Camping Expedition” too!!
© 2021 Vik Expeditions, All Rights Reserved.